Good evening Folsom Lacrosse U14 White parents.
I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself and recap a few things form the parent meeting last week. I had the opportunity to meet several of you at the meeting and look forward to meeting and getting to know the rest of the group. The coaching team (Rob Lobese, Michael Bojorquez, Greg Braver) and I are excited for the season to start. We are looking forward to a great season growing your boys lacrosse skills.
I have been coaching for the past 4 years for both U12 and U14 teams along with Fall Ball the last few years. Rob also has been coaching with Folsom Lacrosse for the past 4 years, Michael is in his 2nd year and Greg is in his first year of lacrosse but brings other youth coaching experience.
Our goal is to have FUN, learn to sport of lacrosse, win games, and improve their lacrosse skills so they can move up to the Veteran or A teams next year if they want that.
First I am still looking for a “Team Manager” for our team. You don’t have to have lacrosse experience and the league has someone that will be helping you. Most of the communication is with from letters so it is just plug and play.
The rest of you will have other volunteer sign ups once we get the Team Manager in place. On past teams we have had 2 team managers split the position, that is a possibility also. One person can do the job but just throwing the option out there. Please let me know if you have some interest.
2020 Lacrosse season:
Practice: First practice is Monday January 27th
Monday and Wednesday will be at 6:30 to 8:30pm at Kemp 2 (behind the Sports Complex)
Tuesday 5:00 to 6:30pm at Kemp 1 (near the Volleyball courts)
- Boys need to be fully geared up and ready to start practice before the starting time.
- If your player will miss practice please TEXT me (916)217-7809. You can have your player text me directly also. Just make sure to include first and last name so I know who it is.
- Come to practice with all required equipment, with a positive attitude and ready to work. We expect maximum EFFORT every practice and game.
- Helmet, lacrosse stick, mouth guard (not clear or white), cup, lacrosse shoulder pads, gloves, elbow pads, and cleats.
- Bring water as the water fountains are not that great to drink from.
- We DO practice and play in the rain, if it is raining I would bring a trash bag to put their gear bag inside so it doesn’t get wet.
- If there is lightning all practices will be canceled by the League. Watch your email on those days.
I don’t want to send you a huge email so I will continue to email the group with dates and other important things happening so keep an eye out for more communication.
See you all next week,